Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

A tradition for most Americans is a cake for a birthday celebration. This past week I turned 25. And no, even with prodding from friends I was not worried or agitated from now being a 1/4 of a century old. I enjoy birthdays; mine, yours, a complete strangers having a birthday means it is a special day. I tend to make plans for my special day that will stretch into weeks and this year months. Of course that is another posting on a non-food related blog.

During my college years, 4 years in a row I got a cake from the Bakery House in Bryn Mawr, PA. They had divine cake and often when eating it I would overindulge. My sophomore year I ended up being employed by said bakery and was able to have cake much more often than on my birthday. I don't live in Bryn Mawr anymore so I don't get to enjoy the yummy vanilla chocolate chip cake on my birthday.

However this year one of my wishes was for the new ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone creamery. They came out a few months ago and ever since I have wanted to try them. The cupcakes come in three flavors, Sweet cream, Double Chocolate devotion, and Cake Batter Delux. Now just imagine a chocolate cup filled with a layer of cake, a scoop of ice cream and topped with icing. Yum Yum Yum. I was under them impression when I made my request that in each six pack you could only have one flavor. I could not decide which flavor I wanted more in the days leading up to my big day and I left it to whatever my wish granter would pick.

As you can see, he came through with 2 of each flavor - One of each for each of us. I have always been a very good sharer when it comes to food. I simply want to sample everything on the table. This little package allowed me three days of delicious deserts. Every night I got a new little treat to taste. It was the perfect serving size.


Although a bit expensive for an everyday occurrence these little cupcakes are great for a single size serving on special occasions for anyone who likes ice cream.
For more information on the different flavors go to Cold Stone Creamery website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...