Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our first Thanksgiving

The Monday after Thanksgiving Jordan and I will have been married 3 months. On one hand it doesn't feel that long ago and on the other it feels so long ago. I am hoping that we will create many of our our traditions over our lifetime together. I am a huge fan of traditions. I love all of my families special holiday moments and I am hoping to pick up some new ones from Jordan's family. Although we are spending Thanksgiving with my parents in Maine, I wanted to have a special meal with Jordan in our home.



I couldn't have a big turkey twice in one week so we opted for a pork roast served with roasted potatoes and cranberry sauce. For Jordan and I this meal was nothing too fancy or special but it sure was fun to spend sometime in the kitchen together.

The cranberry sauce was a bag of fresh cranberries, 2 diced apple, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup OJ and 3 Tbsp agave nectar. It was still a bit tart but I like it like that.


The roast had a mix of herb seasoning and olive oil rubbed all over. I don't know the ratios since it was Jordan's job. I really do not like to handle raw meat.

Simply roasted potatoes with herbs de Provence, salt, pepper and olive oil all tossed about. Roasted at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, toss 1/2 through cooking time.
Everything was really good. We had a second round for lunch as well - I love leftovers for a work week lunch! Now I cannot wait for the real deal Thanksgiving. I hope you are ready mom!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...