Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Missing summer: Maple blueberry muffins


When I think of Maine, I think of summer.  I also think of blueberries and maple syrup.  This weekend I wanted a little of all three.  Sadly, there was no way to capture summer short of going tanning.  This thought crossed my mind a couple times but I did not partake.  I was able to get a better handle of the blueberries and maple syrup with these muffins.

Maple Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients:
1 C white flour
1/2C whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 C milk
1/4 C plain yogurt
1 egg
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup blueberries
1/2 C sugar
1/4C maple syrup

1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.

2. Sift dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.

3. In another bowl combine egg, milk, maple syrup and melted butter.  Add sugar and combine.

4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.  Stir until just combined.

5.  Fold in blueberries.

6. Scoop into a lined muffin pan.  Cook for 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...