Thursday, April 21, 2011

April FoodzieTasting Box!

I am happy and sad to announce the April Foodzie box has arrived.  This will be my last tasting box from my Valentine's gift from Mr. J. Maybe someone nice out there will start a new little subscription.  Anyway, the last 3 months, Mr. J and I have had quite a fun time getting each new box and sampling the delicious goodies inside. 

I love being able to try new things.


I love supporting small independent producers.

I love getting mail.

1. Ginger Snapdragon Cookies: Yum, they are soft, chewy, and gigantic.  What more could you ask for in a cookie?  By: Liz Lovely


2. Cinnamon Almond Granola: This stuff was good.  I love cinnamon.  However, I don't love that this little container was 3 serves, and each serving was 180 calories.  Yes, that is correct.  As I tried to only take 1/3 as a topping to my yogurt this morning I realized I was still eating more calories in less than 1Tbsp of granola than my whole 1 C of yogurt.
By: Fiona's Granola

3. Thousand Layer Spice Cake: The texture to this cake was kind of strange. Mr. J mentioned it reminded him of an eraser and that kind of ruined it for me.  The note said it would be perfect with tea and I agree 100%.  I like spice cake and I think if I got over the texture it would be a go-to treat with tea.
By: Euforia


4. Plantain Chips: I was kind of hoping for something a bit more salty.  The plantain flavor is very full though and they were a great snack with lunch for two days. 
By: Estrellita's Snacks


5. Horseradish Dill Mustard: Haven't tried this yet but I love mustard, the only condiment I really eat.  And I eat horseradish till my eyes water.  I cannot think of how this could be bad. I cannot wait to sample it.
Bye SchoolHouse Kitchen


6. Italian Butterhorn Cookies:  These were little butter cookies filled with sugar and a hint of cinnamon.  It was Mr. J's dream come true.  I think it was a bit cruel to only include 3.  Although it was a present for me I told Mr. J that we could always share.  Well, we each had one and then did a little arm wrestling to determine who would get the last one. Mr. J won. 
By: Cici's Italian Butterhorns



My favorite thing this month...Ginger Snapdragon Cookies!



2 comments:

  1. Yumm!! What a fun gift idea and great to share and sample together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just found your blogsite, good information thank you for sharing. That Foodzie sample box thing sounds interesting, I will to check out their website. I love butterhorn cookies, upon your and Mr. J's recommendation I will look to order some Cici's Italian Butterhorn cookies.

    Thanks (foodie in training)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...