Sunday, April 24, 2011

Getting in the mood for spring

Happy Easter!

I am not a huge candy fan.  I do like chocolate but Easter doesn't scream chocolate unless it is in the shape of a large bunny.  However the other day in the store I spotted some cute M&Ms and immediately I knew how to celebrate....Easter cookies!


Who can say "No" to the green M&M?  Not me, she is my favorite.


Just looking at the fun colors makes me want Spring and dyed Easter eggs!




M&M cookies
makes 15

Ingredients:
1 1/2 C flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C M&Ms


1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Shift dry ingredients together in bowl.


3. In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until creamy.  When blended add vanilla.

4.  Add in egg and mix until combined.  Scrap down the sides of bowl. 

5. Add in M&Ms and fold in by hand.

6. Scoop Tbsp sized balls on to cookie sheet.  Bake for 15-17 minutes.  The cookies will just turn golden brown.


This made my day.  The weather also turned remarkably warm and sunny.  Mr. J and I enjoyed our cookies and went for a walk.

How did you spend Easter?

Is it FINALLY spring where you are?

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...