Monday, April 4, 2011

His and Hers: Spinach and Artichoke pizza

Mr. J and I do one thing really well in our marriage.  That's sharing.  When we have something we both want we divvy it up and ta-da.  What's his is his, and what's mine is mine.  No more questions.  For dinner recently we had pizza.  I had seen this fantastic recipe and wanted to make it.  After all this is my similar to my favorite pizza, spinach bianco,  at a local place.  I don't get this pizza very often because well Mr. J does not like it. 

I am not really sure what convinced me, but I was definitely convinced that if I made it at home Mr. J would change his mind and fall in love with it too.  Well, when he got wind of what we were having he instant started thinking of what he could do to make it more to his preferences.  So my fantastic idea for dinner when to...

His

 and Hers

Spinach & Artichoke Pizza

Ingredients:

1 premade Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
1 c. part-skim Ricotta cheese
5 oz. frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
4–5 artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. hot pepper flakes
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450° F.

In a small mixing bowl, combine part-skim Ricotta cheese, frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic, and hot pepper flakes.



Place the crust on a baking sheet. Spread the cheese mixture onto the crust, leaving a 1/2" border around the pizza.


Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese and bake 10 – 12 minutes until bubbly and light brown on the edges.

Mr. J had to have red sauce on his half.  Then I managed to remember we had 3 cheeses to add and an onion.  Finally right before we popped it in the oven, the genius that I am remembered that we had 1/2 a salami roll in fridge.  Mr. J was beyond happy.

After making the pizza, my half was not nearly as good as what I expected it to be.  It was no where close to the spinach bianco pizza.  I found the ricotta very dry.  In the end I was super jealous of Mr. J's half.



4 comments:

  1. Spinach and artichoke pizza is my favorite pizza! I have never made it before with whole wheat crust. I usually drizzle a little bit of olive oil on the crust and spread it around before adding the ingredients. It keeps it from drying out too much. I use mozzarella, parmesan and feta cheese on it. I love the idea of ricotta cheese. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol love the his and hers :) we have similar problems/solutions for our pizzas. Especially when I put hot dogs on mine. And Jon piles on those nasty olives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It something different from all other Pizza.
    Pizza Equipment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...