Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Going Bananas!


Sometimes it is the most simple things that are the absolutely most delicious of them all. 

Most days start off for me with a green monster smoothie.  I load at least two cups of baby spinach into the blender along with a banana, milk, yogurt, and whatever other berries I have around. 

You cannot taste the spinach but the whole look of this smoothie is green.  The green monster makes me feel good for the day. And I have a great start on my nine servings of veggies and fruit for the day.

The other day I wanted something pretty.  It was gloomy and rainy outside and I wasn't feeling the green at all. 

Instead I made this five ingredient smoothie that tasted much more like a strawberry banana milkshake.  Delicious!

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 banana, cut into 5 pieces, frozen
1/2 C strawberries, halved
1/2 C plain yogurt
1 C almond milk, you can use any milk product
1 tsp vanilla extract

Put everything in the blender and mix until smooth.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Strawberry banana is my favorite type of smoothie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying that I'll make smoothies every morning but I've yet to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smoothies are great for breakfast, they make you feel like you've done something o good for yourself - which of course you have. We enjoy juicing with a whole array of vegetables, but honestly it can get to tasting a little grassy sometimes so thanks for the trick of hiding the spinach in a smoothie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! ...and SO refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...