Thursday, August 23, 2012

While You Were Sleeping

While you were sleeping I made supper.  This is by far the easiest recipe I think I have ever made.  It makes a boat load of food so either bring in the masses or be prepared for lots of leftovers.

The one thing about this recipe is that it requires a bit of advanced notice. I typically do this a day ahead of time and let the crock pot do the magic over night.



The second step is only 4 hours or if you are in a pinch you can just do it on the stove top.  I have definitely forgotten to set this up in time and before I remembered it was too late.

Either way the recipe is easy and delicious.

Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 days




Ingredients (serves 6)
  • 4 lbs pork roast (shoulder or butt)
  • 2 large onions
  • 1 cup ginger ale
  • 1 (18 ounce) bottle favorite barbecue sauce
  • Extra barbecue sauce, for serving
Instructions
Slice one onion and place in crock pot.

Put in the roast and cover with the other onion, sliced. Pour over the ginger ale. Cover and cook on LOW for about 10 hours overnight.

Remove the meat, strain and save the onions, discard all liquid. With two forks, shred the meat, discarding any remaining fat, bones or skin. Most of the fat will have melted away.

Return the shredded meat and the onions to the crock pot, stir in the barbecue sauce. Continue to cook for another 3 to 4 hours on LOW.

Serve with hamburger buns or rolls and additional barbecue sauce. Any leftovers freeze very well.
Powered by Recipage

10 comments:

  1. my boyfriend would die for this pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! imagine waking up to that! It looks insanely delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the smell of it roasting would wake me up with my stomach growling! This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple, yet delectable recipe! I can just imagine the amazing aroma while this cooked overnight!!! Perfect for a Labor Day picnic~

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only thing my mom loves more than pulled pork is her crockpot, so I know she's going to love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pulled pork in the crockpot! So easy and so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom frequently will make pulled pork in the crock pot, but I've never seen it done in 2 steps with the ginger ale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love simple dinners like this one...especially when they make lots of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...