Saturday, September 1, 2012

Zingerman's Roadhouse Ann Arbor, Michigan

I wanted to write you a bit more details about my dinner at Zingerman's Roadhouse.  Like I said, I always thought in my travels to Ann Arbor that this was just a deli place.  Big Jewish Deli style sandwiches.  Turns I was kind of right and kind of wrong.
Here is a little clip from their website:
"Zingerman’s Roadhouse is the seventh member of Zingerman’s Community of Businesses located in Ann Arbor, MI. We are passionate about the fabulous foods found all around America and are dedicated to bringing them to food-loving folk (almost) anywhere.

Ever since we first opened the Deli’s doors back in 1982, Zingerman’s has been about getting great-tasting food, fun and educational eating experiences to our guests. We’ve traveled all over the world to find traditional, full-flavored foods to bring back to Ann Arbor. The Roadhouse has allowed us the opportunity to really channel that energy into our own backyards by focusing solely on the amazing array of really good American food that we’ve got right here at home.

Since we opened in 2003, we’re more excited than ever about offering you incredible grits from South Carolina, amazingly flavorful pork from the Niman Ranch network of small Iowa family farms, local meat, including beef, pork, lamb and goats, and flavorful heirloom vegetables, from our own Cornman Farms, artisan cheeses, and micro-brewed beers and fine wines from all over the US. And we’re having more fun than ever making full-flavored versions of old-time classics like macaroni and cheese, crab cakes made with real Maryland jumbo lumb blue crab, really good fried chicken, Carolina barbecue and darned good corn dogs."


The menu had so many options that I wanted.  When I told the waiter the decision was too tough to make he order us up a plateful of BBQ sauce samples along with some pork.  That plate sealed the deal on my dinner.


Not only was the food completely delicious but every staff member was so friendly and hospitable.  Our water glasses were always full, bread on the table and substitutions for sides were complete acceptable. Can you beat that? Oh yes, remember how I said that they passed around samples of cookies for those waiting to be seated. 


I will definitely be back!  Next time for the catfish and corn dogs.

3 comments:

  1. COOKIE SAMPLES!?

    That distracting plate of mac n cheeeeeese

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter went to school in Ann Arbor and I wish she hadn't graduated so we could go to this restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so good!! Nominated you for Very Inspiring Blogger Award on my blog today.. check out the following post: http://curryandcomfort.blogspot.com/2012/09/curry-and-comforts-weekly-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...