Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup and WIAW


I am not so happy that a nor'easter is coming our way.  I am barely dealing with the cold and now we have a chance of snow.  No. Thank. You.

Breakfast has not been memorable.  I might be switching to oatmeal for breakfast soon.  The smoothies are just not exciting.  If only there was a way to incorporate spinach in oatmeal.  Something tells me that would be gross.


Lunch on the other hand was very excited.  Broccoli Cheddar Soup.  Warm deliciousness. 

Plus it was made in the slow cooker, in a throw it all in and wait way.  Having a meal like this welcoming you at the door is fabulous.


Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup

by Emily Morris, Pinch of Yum
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours
Keywords: slow-cooker soup/stew broccoli


Ingredients (serves 6)
  • 1 large bag of frozen broccoli, chopped
  • 1 large red onion, diced
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 1 can cream of celery
  • 1 can milk (just refill the empty soup can)
  • 2 cans evaporated milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cheddar cheese for topping
Instructions
Chop broccoli into bite-sized florets.

Place soup, milk, evaporated milk, onion, and broccoli in a slow cooker.

Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8.

Blend 3-4 cups of soup until broccoli has broken into small pieces, about 10 seconds. Add back to the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and top with shredded cheese.
Powered by Recipage


Dinner was roasted chicken.  Nothing special for seasoning, just salt and pepper, but it was so warming.  We had a salad mix and some bread and cheese.  Simple, simple, simple.


This week has exhausted me already and I cannot wait for the weekend. I don't know how some people stayed up waiting for the election to be called.   I was soundlessly asleep when that went down.

What is your favorite, simple meal for dinner?


5 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely deeeee-lish!

    You know, I have seen a green monster oatmeal bowl circulating around the blog world. I don't know if I would like it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful! I'm always up for a good cheesy soup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love broccoli and cheese soup. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum on the soup!! I love a good creamy soup for lunch. :) Roast chicken is always a great dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me to pull out my slow cooker.... they're so versatile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...