Monday, July 15, 2013

Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies


Pudding is not something I like. I think it might be the texture. I just don't do it.  Cake. Cookies. Ice cream. Those are my favorites. 



Lately though I have seen millions upon millions of cookie recipes with pudding.  I was told they were amazing. Plus the photos had the most plump looking cookies. I love me a thick cookie.



So here I am. Baking with pudding. And loving it.  

I cut back on the sugar big time since the pudding mix already had it's fair share.  The pudding not only adds flavor but also a denseness to the cookies. Mine plumped right up just like the photos I saw. 

I baked off twelve and froze the remaining dough. Kind of wish I hadn't though. Mr. J promptly grabbed three. Our twelve are now eight and I doubt they will last much longer.


Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate cookie
Ingredients (24 cookies)
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 (3.4 oz) box vanilla pudding
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°.

Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugars in a stand mixer.

Add pudding, eggs and vanilla, and beat till combine.

Add in flour, salt and baking soda mixture, mixing until a smooth dough forms.

Fold in both kind of chocolate chips.

Drop a rounded tablespoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat.

Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 10 minutes. Let cool for two minutes before transferring to wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
Powered by Recipage

3 comments:

  1. YUM - my two favorite things rolled into one!!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double chocolate.. double the fun... double my share please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...