Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4th of July Recap and WIAW

I hope you all had a lovely holiday weekend.  It ended up pouring here all day Friday so Mr. J and I watched a lot of tv and had fun lounging on the couch. The weekend was beautiful though. We got our 4th celebrations in with a parade, a BBQ, and some fireworks. 


We also got some house work done. Over the winter our front door got a huge crack in it. This weekend we got a new one. Now I just need to paint it. Looks good huh?  We also started replacing our windows. Two down. Twenty some to go.


And no summer weekend is complete with out some grilling. We made lots and lots of kabobs to feed the hungry family. They were so good. I don't know why we don't make them more often.


This week I took a quick trip to Iowa. Lucky for me I got in and out dodging all of the severe storms.  Breakfast at the hotel was some cereal. A mix of raisin bran and Cheerios.


Lunch was in a cute little Victorian house. You could order a mini burger and salad. It hit the spot perfectly.


I didn't have a long layover so I grabbed some fried rice to eat on the plane. It was actually one of the better airport meals I have gotten lately. I ate in on the plane though and I smelled Chinese for the whole 3 hour flight. I hope my neighbors weren't annoyed. 


I took a bit of break blogging the last few days. It wasn't planned that way but it was not to shut down for a bit. I have a few posts coming up but I think for the rest of summer things will be a bit slower around here. 


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...