Monday, November 3, 2014

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Just like the original Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits only better.




Mr. J's birthday was a few weeks ago. I am bit behind with writing about that celebration but I wanted to share these with you today.  See one of the things Mr. J talked about doing for his birthday was going to Red Lobster. No this is not his favorite restaurant but they happened to be having their all you can eat shrimp feast.  Mr. J loves shrimp and he loves all you can eat.




Well the weekend finally rolled around and we were all ready to go, like literally walking out the door, and he decided he didn't want to go. Now I could have cared less about going except for the fact that from the first time he mentioned it I thought of their famous cheddar biscuits. I could almost taste them. I really, really wanted those biscuits.  



Well a few days past and I still couldn't get over the thought of these biscuits so I did some googling.  There is lots of cheddar biscuit recipes out there.  I picked one and I am sure glad I did. These were so easy to make and tasted fantastic.  They are so cheesy and decadent. I could have just had a few of these for lunch. I know I will be making these again.  Never will I NEED to go to Red Lobster just to get some biscuits.


Cheddar Bay Biscuits (Red Lobster Copycat)

by Emily Morris, Damn Delicious
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake bread cheese
Ingredients (10 biscuits)
    For the Biscuits:
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 tablespoon sugar
    • 1 tablespoon baking powder
    • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 1 cup buttermilk
    • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
    • 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    For the Topping:
    • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
    • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
    • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat; set aside.

    In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.

    In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in cheese.

    Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

    While the biscuits are baking whisk together remaining butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl.

    When the biscuits are done brush the tops of each one with the butter mixture.

    Serve immediately.
    Powered by Recipage

    3 comments:

    1. I love these things! They are so darn delicious and addictive!

      ReplyDelete
    2. gahhhh these look SO GOOD! I think it's time I make a batch!

      ReplyDelete
    3. It's so funny I found this recipe just as my niece said she wanted to make these for Thanksgiving. I am sending her your recipe right now. :) Can't wait to try them.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

    You might also like reading:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...