Sunday, January 4, 2015

French Onion Dip


The past several weekends have been about football. Is it just me or does football season go on forever.  In fact I kind of think there should be a rule about having multiple sports with overlapping seasons.  Can you tell I am not really a sports fan?


I do however like snack foods. I am not a big snacker on my own. I just wait till the next meal if I get hungry.  However if there is any kind of event or reason to snack let's say sporting events, well I am all in. In Miami we had caramelized onion dip at Michael's Genuine Food and Drink and I have been thinking about it ever since. 


Well with Mr. J on the couch for football I figured I could whip us up some dip.  You have to be patient with the onions. To get them nice and caramelized don't rush the cooking process. It really does take about 20 minutes to get them nice and soft and browned.  The rest of the dip comes together pretty fast. 

Now I will say the dip is better the next day after the flavors have sat a bit together but that didn't stop us from enjoying it right after it was done. We munched on potato chips but of course you could go the more healthy route and use veggies. 

French Onion Dip

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (Makes 2 cups)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
  • 1 1/2 cups diced onions
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 8 oz packaged cream cheese, room temperature and softened
  • 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Instructions
In a saute pan over medium heat add oil, heat and add onions and salt. Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 minutes.

Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Mix the rest of the ingredients, and then add the cooled onions. Refrigerate and stir again before serving.
Powered by Recipage

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...