Friday, June 19, 2015

Blueberry Oat Muffins

Happy Friday! We had an early wake up call and I am wishing there were more of these muffins to snack on. It is only 7 am and I am on coffee number too and ready for my second breakfast.



This weekend is Father's Day and I think I might be more excited than Mr. J to celebrate. Miss Olivia has been busy shopping for the perfect gift for her Daddy. I am sticking to a card and some yummy food treats. I got a steak request so I think I will need some grill assistance with that one. Do you have any special Father's Day plans?




These blueberry oat muffins pack an extra punch of healthy by having rolled oats and plain Greek yogurt in the ingredient list. They left me feeling full longer than the traditional sugar packed blueberry muffin. Not that I don't want some of those muffins at times too. 

Anyhoo, this was a nice change up to have around. I brought one to work for my mid-morning snack just about every day, while Mr. J enjoyed his as a quick grab and go breakfast first thing. It is kind of crazy how two people can go through 12 muffins so quickly. 




I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day!

Blueberry Oat Muffins

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast blueberries oatmeal
Ingredients (12 muffins)
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup oats
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners.

In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

In a separate bowl, mix yogurt, eggs, melted butter and vanilla together and then fold into the dry ingredients.

Fold in the blueberries and oats.

Fill the muffin tin with the batter. Each cup should be filled to the top. The batter will be thick and a little sticky.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...