Friday, December 11, 2015

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

Have you begun your Christmas countdown? It is coming up fast. Way TOO fast.  I thought I had my lists all ready and was super organized. 

Nope. 


I feel like I need another month. That seems unlikely so I guess I will just have to go with what comes before the 25th.  





We did get our Christmas tree last weekend. We prioritized and the Christmas tree won out over the bathrooms. Can you blame me?





Isn't she pretty?


Ok today I have a breakfast for you.  More baked oatmeal. Because it is easy and yummy. Hello breakfast all made and ready!





Did I mention we dealt with two ear infections, pink eye, and my first over night trip away last week?  Now you know why I need breakfast that is all ready to go before morning actually comes. 





Arg! Babies. They are so cute and can be so tough at times. 





And now for the recipe!




Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast oatmeal pumpkin
Ingredients (serves 6)
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon cloves
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside.

In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.

In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla extract.

Mix the milk mixture with the dry oats mixture and stir until combined. Pour oat mixture into prepared baking dish.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into bowls and serve warm.

Leftovers should be refrigerated. This recipe works great reheated in the microwave with a bit of additional milk.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...